Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Got Your Back

Dear Connor,

Over the past few months, you and your sister have been fighting a lot more. It's usually over toys--Lila has something you want, or you have something she wants or you're not playing with something but you don't want her to play with that something, either (seriously, what's that last one about?). You have hit her a couple of times, she has bit you more than a couple of times (yeesh, does your sister like to bite you!) and I get exasperated and sound like such a mom when I yell, "Play nice!"

I can only imagine the epic arguments you'll have as you both get older but I hope that you'll always have each other's backs when it matters. Like today at the playground. A boy who was just a little older than Lila left his toy squirt gun on the ground and when Lila saw it and started to reach for it, he yelled at her. She was so surprised at being yelled at that she burst into tears. When you saw what happened, you ran right over to the boy and screamed in his face, "You can't do that to my sister!" Way to go, big brother!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment