Monday, July 30, 2012

First Love

Dear Connor,

When Daddy and I were in college, Daddy told me that he loved me just a few weeks after we'd started dating (Yes, that is kind of fast and no, you shouldn't "play it cool" with a girl. Girls don't like that, trust me.) We were hanging out on our dorm building's large stone balcony (Yes, we lived in a fancy dorm--in an old mansion actually--and no, your college digs aren't necessarily going to be as luxe.) and talking about random things. Daddy was talking about me meeting his parents and said, "They're going to love you just like I do." And then Daddy blushed when he realized what he'd revealed. 

I remember feeling surprised and happy. And I felt those same things today when you walked over to me while I was sitting on the couch, laid your head in my lap, looked up and smiled at me and said that you love me, too.

Well, you technically said, "Ayoo." But I know what you meant :) 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment