Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fay Da Fan

Dear Connor,

We often go to a Chinese bakery named Fay Da near our house and you love the steamed buns there. And I mean LOVE. As soon as we step foot inside the bakery, you start shouting at the top of your lungs, "Bao bao! Bao bao! Bao baaaaaaaooooooo!" Um, can we use our inside voice please? You scream for the buns as if I haven't fed you in days and don't stop until you have the pillowy white bread in your chubby little hands. I always have to rush to the counter and order the buns as fast as I can while ignoring the stares from EVERYONE in the store. And when we're home, you start yelling, "Bao bao!!!" even if you just see Fay Da's signature yellow plastic bag.

PoiPoi said I should teach you how to say "Fay Da" because then the bakery could hire you to stand outside and advertise for them by shouting, "Fay Da bao bao! Fay Da bao bao!"

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment