Sunday, April 15, 2018

Lost Boy

Dear Connor,

GongGong and PoiPoi were babysitting yesterday and they LOST* you!

*Well, technically, they didn't lose you because you weren't even home with them! But they thought you were! Daddy and I had to run some errands yesterday morning so I asked your grandparents to watch MuiMui and DiDi. I told PoiPoi that Daddy and I were going to take you with us so that they would only have to watch two kids. She didn't hear me, though, so when we left, she and GongGong were playing with MuiMui and DiDi in the attic and they thought you were in your room studying for the math test you have tomorrow.

You, Daddy and I left the house at 10am. At 10:26am, I received a text from GongGong: "Did you take Connor with you?" My jaw actually dropped because:

a) I couldn't believe they didn't know where you were
b) TWENTY-SIX minutes had passed before they realized that you weren't in your room!

Once I got over the initial shock, I started laughing at the ridiculousness of your grandparents and asked Daddy, "Should I mess with them? No, I shouldn't mess with them. But I should totally mess with them!" So because I am a bit cruel, I texted GongGong back and was all, "What are you talking about? Connor is at home!" GongGong then called me and was super frantic until you called out from the backseat, "I'm in the car!" Hahahaha! After we hung up, I started laughing and couldn't stop for several minutes!

When we got home, MuiMui told me, "PoiPoi and GongGong were freaking out. They were yelling, 'Connor! CONNOR!!'" Oh man, silly PoiPoi and GongGong!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment