Saturday, August 31, 2013

Remember That?

Dear Connor,

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning so it amazes me how much your almost-3-year-old brain can recall. A few days ago, you were on the potty and asked me, "You remember I poop downstairs? In the smile potty?" When I first started potty training you way back in January, you used the Cheer For Me potty seat that Uncle Tony gave you. I put it downstairs in the living room and it did indeed have a smiley face on it:


You only used it for a couple days before I just made you sit on the big potty in the bathroom (because cleaning out the Cheer For Me seat every time you used it was gee-ross!) so I'm surprised you still remember it. 

And then about a month ago, we were driving by the Brooklyn Bridge and I told you, "Connor, that's the Brooklyn Bridge. When you get older, we'll walk across it." We drove by the bridge again today and this time you pointed it out first, saying, "You see that bridge? When I get older, we can walk across it?" Wow! It makes me wonder what things from your childhood now you'll recall later when you're older.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment