Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Num Yummy

Dear Connor,

It was a bazillion degrees today (happy first day of summer!) and the last thing I wanted to do was cook, much less cook a giant pot of steaming soup. But you need your iron and you love cream of spinach soup so that is what I made for you for dinner tonight. I chopped the spinach, diced the onion and potatoes and watched everything simmer in chicken broth while I slowly whisked in the cream, all the while mopping my brow every few minutes so as to not get any sweat in the soup (we have air conditioning but it's rendered useless when one is standing directly over a hot stove). 

When the soup was done and I fed you the first spoonful, you smiled, smacked your lips and literally said, "Yum yum num num num num num!" Best compliment a cook could get! 

Love,
Mom 

No comments:

Post a Comment