Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fireflies

Dear Connor,

We went to our friends' barbecue today and feasted on chicken wings, beef brisket, homemade char siu, grilled corn and fresh watermelon. Daddy and I caught up with our friends and you had so much fun running around the big yard with the other kids. My favorite part of the day, though, was when we came home and were walking up the steps to our front door. It was already dark out and past your bedtime but we stayed outside for several minutes so that I could point out the twinkling lights turning on and off all around us: fireflies! This was the first time you'd ever seen them and you were so thrilled, pointing whenever you saw one light up and exclaiming, "Oooooh! Oh wow! I see!" 

I have always loved seeing the first fireflies of summer. Summer is my favorite season and I get excited when I spot those first fireflies because that means summer is officially here! And I'm so glad that I got to share one of my favorite moments with you tonight. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment