Thursday, February 19, 2015

The Basement

Dear Connor,

You never go to our basement because there's nothing down there for you--there's just the washer and dryer, Daddy's exercise equipment, shelves with bottled water, extra boxes of cereal, etc. I, meanwhile, spend a *lot* of time in the basement with the aforementioned washer and dryer (how is there always a full load of laundry to do every single day?!) and when I was heading down there today, you asked if you could come with me. I said sure and you could not have been more excited!

For you, it was as if you were discovering a whole new world. You kept exclaiming things like, "There's the washing machine! I see the clothes! There's cereal over there! I see my old car toy! There's a bathroom! And a sink!" Later, when we were back upstairs and the dryer went off, I said I had to get the laundry and you jumped up and asked hopefully, "Can I come with you?!" And when your nanny came back with MuiMui in the afternoon, you ran up to her and told her, "I went to the basement! I never went to the basement before! It was my first time going to the basement!"

Haha, the things that get little kids excited! Who needs to go to Disney World when I can just take you to the basement? :P

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment