Sunday, February 1, 2015

Honest Company

Dear Connor,

Things you did today:

-You occasionally lie when you've done something wrong and I ask you if you did it. I always catch you in your lie (hello, Mommy knows everything!) and we've had dozens of talks about telling the truth and not making up stories. At snack time, I asked you who dropped the cookies on the floor (when I saw you do it) and you were about to say it wasn't you but I told you to tell the truth. You quietly said, "I did it." I didn't yell at you (which you were expecting). I just cleaned up the cookies and praised you for being honest. This made you feel so good that over the next hour, you kept coming up to me to tell me, "I did it. I dropped the cookies."

-I was cooking dinner and put four carrots on the cutting board. You saw them and said, "Mommy, if you have two more carrots, you get six." Smart boy!

-You said you want to marry Lila when you get older. I said you can't marry your sister and you asked me who you can marry. I explained that you have to find someone you love and you replied, "But I love MuiMui." :)

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment