Thursday, August 30, 2012

Your Cup (Doesn't) Runneth Over

Dear Connor,

Two days ago, I switched you over from bottles to cups. I'd read that some toddlers are very attached to their bottles and don't want to give them up but you were eager to start drinking from a cup. You were a little too eager, actually. During the first few attempts, you grabbed the cup from me excitedly (spilling milk all over yourself), brought the cup to your mouth too fast (spilling milk all over yourself) and tipped it up too much (again, spilling milk all over yourself--thank goodness for big bibs). 

But then this afternoon--success! When I handed you your cup, you carefully took it with your left hand and used your right hand to shoo me away. You even turned your body away from me a little bit because you really wanted to drink your milk on your own--and you did! You slowly brought the cup to your lips, tipped it up just slightly and expertly drank all of your milk, this time only spilling a few drops into your bib. I was so proud of you! And from the smile on your face, I could tell that you were proud of yourself, too. Yay!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment