Monday, August 27, 2012

New Tricks

Dear Connor,

Man, you have recently learned to do a lot of new things:

-When I say, "Cheers!" you tap my cup with your bottle or sippy cup.

-When you hear the song "If You're Happy And You Know It," you follow all of the commands and clap your hands/stomp your feet/nod your head whenever the song prompts you to.

-If I tell you to rock your stuffed animals, you cradle them in your arms and sway back and forth.

-You and I make deals sometimes, i.e. if you hurry up and finish your breakfast, we can go for a walk, deal? Now when I say, "Deal?" you shake my hand and say, "Deal!"

-When I say "Surprise face!" you widen your eyes, make an "o" with your mouth and put your hands on your cheeks.

-You learned how to walk on your tiptoes and seem to really get a kick out of doing it. You tiptoe around the house pretty often now and always say "a-toe, a-toe" while you do it. 

-When you want what I'm eating, you ask for it by saying, "try" or "some" because when I'm eating, I always ask you, "Do you want to try it?" and "Do you want some?"

-You've discovered the fun in spinning around and running in circles until you're dizzy.

-You love to dance and recently started doing the crazy A Night at the Roxbury head-bopping dance whenever you hear an upbeat song.

-You also love to sing and enthusiastically sing along to the songs on your Fresh Beat Band, Mickey Mouse and Elmo CDs. Your favorite pop songs right now are "Starships" by Nikki Minaj, "We Are Young" by Fun., "Marry You" by Bruno Mars, "I'm Glad You Came" by The Wanted and "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction and you love singing along to those, too. You're usually off-key but that's okay; I think you inherited that from GongGong!

-Your newest words are: trumpet, work, che che (Chinese for car), peen peen (Chinese for diaper), rain, owl, aboon (balloon), march, song, mote (remote), aceball (baseball), juice, engine, phone, chicken, building, oshun (lotion), fast, button, hot dog, cheek, beach, oameal (oatmeal), shirt, shorts, pants, chirp, shoon (Chinese for boat), arm, finger, elbow (you think your armpit is your elbow, though), street, school, more, ameal (animal), beyah (better), paw, mess, play, teemo (piano), camra (camera) and mail 

Pretty impressive, little guy!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment