Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Grandparents

Dear Connor,

I wanted to become a mom for many reasons. I love kids. I love your dad and wanted to start a family with him. I wanted an excuse to buy adorable, teeny, tiny onesies and adorable, teeny, tiny hats and adorable, teeny, tiny socks (Ha, kidding! Sort of . . .). I also wanted to become a mom so that I could make my mom and dad grandparents. PoiPoi and GongGong have told me that I've done many things that have made them happy but I knew that nothing could make them happier than having a grandchild to love, hug and spoil! And after you were born, I could see that that was absolutely true. 

PoiPoi and GongGong live in Pittsburgh (and have yet to figure out how Skype works) so they don't get to see you that often but they couldn't love you more. They print out the photos I email to them and paste them all over their walls. GongGong takes your photos to his office and shows them to everyone and anyone who will look at them (the one of you wearing the Santa Claus suit on your first Christmas is an especially popular one!). I post videos of you online and they watch them every single day. And when PoiPoi and GongGong do get to see you in person, their faces "shine so bright that the sun cries with envy" (I paraphrased that last bit from one of my favorite shows, Glee, which I am going to have you watch when you get older because it is awesome). 

It's amazing to see my parents with my child, to see how happy you make each other. PoiPoi and GongGong love you so much and even though you only see them a few times a year, you love them, too. They came to visit this past weekend and you initially broke their hearts when you first saw them and shied away from them. It had been awhile since you'd seen them and you didn't recognize them right away. But after awhile, you warmed up and were playing and giggling with them as if you saw them all the time. You kept running up to GongGong and hugging his leg, showing him your toys and asking him to play with you. And yesterday, PoiPoi was holding you in her lap when you pulled her face toward yours and gave her a sweet little kiss on her lips. That was the first time you had ever kissed PoiPoi and we almost had to wipe her up because she had practically melted into a puddle on the floor. 


Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment