Thursday, April 12, 2012

Bad Things Come In Threes

Dear Connor,

In my last letter, I told you about one of the best moments ever. In this letter, I am going to talk about this morning, which was the exact opposite of the best moment ever. First, when you woke up this morning, I picked you up and discovered that your pee had soaked through your diaper and onto your onesie, pajamas, sleepsack and sheets. Awesome. 

I cleaned and changed you, fed you your bottle of milk, put you in your playpen and went upstairs to change your sheets. When I came back downstairs, I immediately smelled it--you had pooped. A lot. In fact, you had pooped so much that the poop had squished out of your diaper and was smeared all over your pants and the playmat that you had been sitting and rolling around on. Lovely. 

I cleaned and changed you again and put you in your highchair. I cut up blueberry waffles and a handful of grapes for you and began tackling the mess in your playpen, wiping and disinfecting the entire playmat and also all of your toys for good measure. While I was doing this, you vomited all over yourself and your highchair. 

Oh. My. God. When it rains, it pours.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment