Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Personal Achievements

Dear Connor,

Throughout my life, I have been lucky to have many proud moments. Like getting to sing a solo during my high school glee club's spring concert (GongGong has a tape of that somewhere). Landing a prestigious TV news internship at KDKA. Graduating from college with high honors and a 3.97 GPA (yeah, your mom was a nerd). Traveling to China by myself and learning to navigate around a foreign country (and making it back home alive, much to PoiPoi's relief). Getting my first real magazine job. Being promoted to a senior editor. Finally learning which Kardashian is which.

But of course, all of those personal achievements pale immensely in comparison to my greatest achievement: you! You amaze me with your endless joy, warmth and intelligence and one of the best parts about being your mom is watching you accomplish your own personal achievements every day. In just the past two weeks, you learned how to:

-Touch your head and ears when I ask you where they are
-Touch your nose and say "nose" when I ask you where your nose is
-Blow your nose with a tissue
-Say "bubbles" and "Elmo" 
-Say "doo doo" (choo choo) when you see a train (you also say it when you see cars, buses and trucks--I guess you can't differentiate them yet)
-Imitate a monkey when you see a picture of one by going "aah aah aah ooh" and tigers and lions by saying "rooooar!" (you already knew how to imitate a snake by going "sssss")
-Look at me and tap your crotch whenever you poop (thanks for the heads up!)

I'm so proud of you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment