Monday, February 6, 2012

I Love It When . . .

Dear Connor,

I love it when . . .
-You run over to me, hug my leg, look up at me and chirp, "Hi!"
-You hold both of your arms straight up toward me because you want me to pick you up
-You jut your lips and chin out toward my face because you want a kiss
-You nuzzle your face on my shoulder
-You laugh uncontrollably when I tickle your armpit
-You see a picture of Cookie Monster and growl the way Cookie Monster does when he eats cookies: "Mum mum mum!"
-You say "Oh!" when I talk to you, as if you really understand what I'm saying
-You pick a book from your bookshelf and bring it over to me to read to you (even if it's "Happy Hippo, Angry Duck" for the 100th time)
-You take an extra-long nap and give me a little break during the day
-You hug me tight when I hold you
-You pat me on my back when you hug me
-You blow me a kiss when I lay you in your crib at bedtime
-I sing the alphabet song and you say "thzzzzeee" when I pause after the letter Y (I'm so proud that you know the letter Z! And I guess you are going to learn the alphabet backward?)
-I sing the clean-up song and you obediently put your books and toys away (if only there were "stop throwing a temper tantrum" and "would you please stay still while I dress you?" songs)
-You see Mochi or another puppy and say "whoa whoa"
-I say "ring ring" and you'll hold whatever is in your hand up to your ear as if it's a telephone (it's especially cute when you're holding a banana)
-You smile at me and make me the happiest mom in the world



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment