Thursday, December 29, 2011

Girl Trouble

Dear Connor,

During open gym time at Gymboree today, a two-year-old girl went up to you and hugged you. She also smiled at you and caressed your forehead. You responded to this older woman's advances by reaching out and trying to hold her hand but then she pushed you away. I'm sorry, buddy. I'm afraid women are always going to be that confusing.

Later on, you walked by that same girl and went up to her. This time, she pushed you harder and you fell flat on your back. You were thankfully okay, albeit a little stunned, but I was so mad at the girl for hurting you that I seriously wanted to push her back. Of course, I didn't because she was, well, two years old. But when you got hurt, I felt as if I got hurt, too. I'm so sorry, little guy. I know I can't protect you from all of life's bullies but I will always try.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment