Monday, September 7, 2015

You're Five Years Old!

Dear Connor,

Two weeks ago, you, MuiMui, Uncle Tony and I went out to dinner at a nearby Greek restaurant. When the four of us sat down at a table, the waiter automatically took away MuiMui's glass cup of water and replaced it with a plastic one with a lid. However, he let you keep your glass cup. No more plastic cups at restaurants--you are officially a big kid! :-)

I can't believe that you are 5 years old. Or that you are starting kindergarten in two days. And that I've already been a mom for half a decade! I still remember the exact moment I found out that I was pregnant with you, when you were just a microscopic speck in my belly. And now you are this 4-foot-tall walking, talking person who embodies so many wonderful qualities. You are incredibly playful and love to laugh. You are curious and inquisitive about everything and instead of taking things at face value, you constantly question why they are the way they are. You are helpful and often ask me if you can assist me with tasks like folding laundry and putting away groceries.


You are funny and always crack me up with the things you say. When you heard two women on the street speaking Mandarin, you asked me, "What English are they speaking?" I told you that the language they were speaking was Mandarin and you replied, "Oh. I speak New York." A few days ago, you said to me, "My butt itches. Can you scratch it?" Haha! But no.

You are so sweet. The other day, you said to me, "I love my baby brother so much. He will be in my heart forever." You are compassionate and thoughtful toward others. When DiDi is crying in his crib, you run over to him and try to soothe him. When PoiPoi and I got into a bad argument a couple weeks ago and I started crying, you came over to me and asked me, "Do you need a hug?" This morning, Sawyer was wearing a jumper that had little open gaps between the buttons. You stuffed a small toy blanket from one of your Lego Duplo sets into one of the gaps and told me, "I fixed DiDi's shirt."

Happy birthday, big guy! I love you now and forever.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment