Thursday, April 30, 2015

Why Oh Why?

Dear Connor,

I love reading to you, but now it takes us about three times as long to get through a single book. Here's why:

Me (reading Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day): I went to sleep with gum in my mouth-
You: Why does he have gum in his mouth?
Me: Because he was chewing gum. I went to sleep with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair and when I got out of bed this morning I tripped on the skateboard-
You: Why did he trip on the skateboard?
Me: Because he didn't look where he was going. I tripped on the skateboard and by mistake I dropped my sweater in the sink-
You: Why did he drop his sweater in the sink?
Me: It was an accident. I dropped my sweater in the sink while the water was running-
You: Why did he drop it while the water was running?
Me: *big sigh*

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment