Monday, December 10, 2012

Feeding Ernie

Dear Connor,

One of the things that I love most about you is how caring you are. One day, you threw a ball at your frog rocking chair and hit him directly in his face. You immediately ran up to the frog, patted his face and said, "Sorreeeee" (granted, you shouldn't have thrown your ball at him in the first place but at least you were apologetic!). 

And today, you took such good care of your stuffed Ernie doll. While I was cooking macaroni and cheese for dinner (btw, you won't eat cheese by itself but you love macaroni and cheese and always chant, "Mac and cheese! Mac and cheese!" whenever I make it for you), you sat Ernie at the dining room table and said, "Ernie, dinner." I told you that dinner wasn't ready yet so you gave Ernie water in the meantime. You carefully placed your water bottle in his mouth and said, "Ernie, open wide! Open wide! Almost done!" When dinner was ready, you and Ernie sat next to each other on the same chair and you made sure that I fed Ernie ("Mommy, Ernie mac and cheese") and then you ("Mommy, Connor mac and cheese"). You even put one of your bibs on Ernie to make sure he didn't make a mess. It was so cute, I think I actually felt my ovaries swell!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment