Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Cute Connor-isms

Dear Connor,

I am with you pretty much all day every day, yet I can still spend hours looking at photos and videos of you after you've gone to bed. And why not? You are ridiculously cute! Here are some of the adorable things you do now:

-You like to surprise Daddy or me by tiptoeing toward us, whispering "uh-prise Daddy, uh-prise Mommy" and then throwing your hands up in the air and shouting, "Uh-PRISE!"

-I taught you how to do an exploding fist bump and you even make an explosion noise when you do it.

-Your new favorite game is pulling a blanket over your head and saying, "Dark here!"

-When I say, "Connor, muscle!" you bend your arms, clench your fists, shake them and your head and say, "Grrrrrr!"

-When I ask you to show me your smiley face, you smile this big cheesy grin. When I ask you to show me your cute face, you smile the cheesy grin and tilt your head to the side. When I say, "Connor hug," you smile and wrap your arms around yourself.

-When I clean up one of your (many) messes, you tell me, "Good job, Mommy."

-You congratulate yourself, too. I taught you how to ask for things politely by asking, "Can I have some [whatever item it is you want at the moment]." When you do this, I say, "Good job!" So sometimes, you start whining for something like a cookie, I ask you how you ask for it nicely and you say, "Can I have some cookie good job!"

-I gave you a piece of pear yesterday and you took it and ran to your playpen to eat it. You then immediately ran back to me and said, "Ank-yoo [thank you], Mommy!" before running back to your playpen. So polite!

-You have been mesmerized by the colorful Christmas lights Daddy hung up in our dining room and point to each little light and say, "I see purple! I see green! I see ye-whoa [yellow]! I see boo [blue]! I see red!"

-When I ask you how old you are, you chirp "Two!" You also hold up your hand and wiggle your fingers because I don't think you possess the motor skills to just hold up two fingers yet, hehe :)

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment