Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Questions For Connor

Dear Connor,

I would like to ask you the following questions:

-Why do you lie when I ask you if you've pooped? You always avoid eye contact and chirp in a high-pitched voice, "No! No!" I don't understand. First of all, I can tell when you've pooped. In fact, all of our neighbors can probably tell when you've pooped because it smells a whole lot. And you usually accompany your poops with telltale grunts and scrunched facial expressions. Second of all, once you've pooped, it means your diaper is full of poop. It's gross. It's yucky. I mentioned that it smells. Why wouldn't you want to tell me you pooped so that I can change your diaper and get rid of it?

-Why do you spit out a bite of food only to ask for more of the same food? We were sharing a plate of honeydew (your current favorite fruit). I gave you a piece and you spit it out on the floor but then asked for another piece. So I gave you one and you spit that out on the floor, too, and then asked for another one. Do you see how this does not make sense? Either eat your food or stop wasting it!

-Why do you have to sit in whatever chair I'm sitting in? We have three dining table chairs but you always try to push me out of the one I'm in so that you can plop your little butt on it. Thanks a lot, buddy.

-What were you dreaming about the other night when you giggled in your sleep? It sounded like a fun dream!

-Why do you find ears--particularly my ears--so comforting? Some kids have a cherished stuffed animal or a security blanket, but you like to hold my ears. When you are scared or tired or just feeling affectionate, you often grab my ears or shout, "Ear! Ear! Mommy ear!" if you can't reach them. At night, when my ears aren't available to you, I see you on the video monitor, clutching your own ears while you fall asleep.

-Sometimes, you lay face down on the floor, close your eyes and quietly wiggle your body back and forth for several minutes. Um, what are you doing? Is it some form of toddler meditation?

-Why do you have to touch everything???

Any insight into the above questions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment