Friday, December 4, 2015

Pick-Up Mix-Up

Dear Connor,

This afternoon, I left the house around 1:50pm to walk to your school and pick you up. I called Uncle Tony and chatted with him on the way. I arrived at the school and wondered why it was so deserted--where were all the other parents and nannies who were usually milling about in front of the building right before dismissal? Was I early? Wait, oh my god, yes, yes I was early--for your sister's 2:45pm dismissal. While talking to Uncle Tony, I had absentmindedly walked to MuiMui's school instead of yours!

Fortunately, your schools are less than five minutes away from each other so once I realized my error, I was able to run over to your school and still get there before your class filed out onto the playground. Ugh, mommy brain!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment