Friday, January 25, 2013

Funny Phrases

Dear Connor,

You are learning how to say many new phrases and a lot of them are so sweet! The other day, you came up to me and said, "Connor kiss Mommy" and kissed me on my cheek. Another time, I hugged you and you exclaimed, "So glad you're here!" I'm so glad you're here, too, little guy!


You also say things that are pretty funny, including:

"Not for me Connor, either." (when I offer you something and you don't want it)

". . . eleven, twelve, three-teen, fourteen, five-teen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twentyteen!" (when I ask you to count to 20)

"Mommy, drink suisui [Chinese for water]." (when you hear me cough)

"Connor timeout! Sorry, Mommy. Big hug!" (you said this as soon as I put you in timeout, attempting to charm your way out of it by apologizing right away and trying to hug me. Nice try, but it didn't work!)

"Boobies!" (ha, you were flipping through my Glamour magazine and saw photos of boobs in a breast cancer article)

"Oooh, big one." (I lifted my shirt to nurse your sister and you saw my boob--isn't it a bit early for you to be noticing women's breasts??)

"Can I have some? Yes I can!" (when you ask for something like a cookie--but you're supposed to wait for me to tell you whether you can, not answer your own question!)

"Connor see everything." (when I'm cooking, using my iPad or doing something else that doesn't involve you and you want to see what I'm doing--you're such a curious/nosy boy!)

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment